It’s hard to carve out a block of time to do any big projects, which is what spring cleaning is to most families.
But there are fun ways to set it up and accomplish a lot of these tasks while getting a refreshed feeling toward your home and the summer yet to come!
Here are some quick ideas:
• Put music on while you are spring cleaning.
• Make a list and do some small tasks first giving you a feeling of accomplishment.
• Treat yourself after you finish some tasks whether it’s a movie, a meal out, whatever constitutes a reward for you.
• Make a list with some easy tasks at the top and then a priority task or two next that you really want to finish this spring. Refrain from making too long a list which will seem never-ending. You can always add later.
• If you have older children, involve them too. Put on their music for some of the time as well and design little treats around their desires. Nothing has to be expensive, just fun.
• Get real. If you are cleaning out a closet and haven’t worn that size since high school or haven’t worn it for a year or more, donate it. You’ll get a good feeling when donating which will help with the motivation to do more cleaning.
There are fun ways to do any big project in the home!
These articles from Angel Brown, Keller Williams - Upper
Marlboro, 301-928-1007 and Home Warranty of America, Inc., will
help you improve your home, creating a healthier environment while
saving energy and the planet. Stay tuned for more!
These helpful, money-saving home improvement ideas are brought to you by
Angel Brown, Keller Williams - Upper Marlboro, 301-928-1007 and Home
Warranty of America, Inc.