This message brought to you by EcoBroker International.
Easy Tips to Stay Cool (and Save Energy) This Summer
Green the Block, http://www.greentheblock.net/, is offering some simple summer tips to stay cool and save energy. Find a few tips below and at this link.
1. Using operable windows, shutters, awnings, and vents as originally intended to control the interior environment.
2. Place your air conditioner in a central window, rather than a corner window, to allow for better air movement.
3. Fans can make rooms feel five to ten degrees cooler and use 80% less energy than air conditioners.
4. To get the hot air out at night: open the downstairs windows, and use window fans in upstairs windows to suck large volumes of hot air out of the top floor of the house. On really hot evenings, run bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans for an hour.
5. Unplug the AC to DC power converters when they're not needed. Some of them use electricity even when nothing's attached to them, and they produce heat when they consume power. Feel each plugged-in power converter. If it's cold, it is not using much electricity and isn't warming your house. If it's hot, unplug it if possible.